This is the best pancake recipe I’ve ever eaten, hands down. These are easy to make, and they’re ready to pop on the griddle in no time.
Light, fluffy, and a little crispy around the edges, these chocolate chip pancakes are loaded with mini chocolate chips, giving you a burst of delicious chocolate melting in your mouth alongside the savory flavor of pancakes and sweet syrup.Jump to Recipe
Chocolate Chip Ombre Pancakes
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 ¼ milk
- ¾ cup oil
- ½ cup cocoa divided
- ¼ cup cocoa divided
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips extra for sprinkling on top
- whipped cream for topping
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk until they're light lemon yellow and fluffy. Add the milk, oil, salt, and sugar and whisk together.
- Add the flour and baking powder and whisk together just until ingredients are mixed. Batter may be a little lumpy, but that's okay.
- Divide the batter into thirds.
- In the first bowl, add 1/2 cup of cocoa and 1/3 cup of mini chocolate chips. Blend well.
- In the second bowl, add 1/4 cup of cocoa and 1/3 cup of chocolate chips. Blend well.
- In the third bowl, add 1/3 cup of mini chocolate chips. Blend well.
- Cook pancakes until golden brown. Drizzle with syrup, whipped cream, and a sprinkle of chocolate chips.