Loaded potato soups are like being hugged by a loaded baked potato. This fabulous loaded potato soup recipe is cooked in the Instant Pot, giving you more flavor and less cook time.
You’ll absolutely love this recipe for a quick and (surprisingly) fairly healthy meal.Jump to Recipe
Instant Pot Loaded Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- Immersion Blender
- 2-3 lbs gold potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 6 strips bacon
- 4 stalks celery sliced
- 5 carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- sour cream
- shredded colby jack cheese
- Peel and chop the potatoes and carrots. Then wash the celery, trim the ends, and slice.
- Turn the Instant Pot on SAUTE and place the strips of bacon in the cooker. Cook until crispy. Add the chopped onion and cook until light brown.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, celery, garlic, and chicken broth to the pot then fill with enough water to cover the vegetables. Note: be sure not to exceed the max fill line.
- Turn off the SAUTE setting, stir, and place the lid on the Instant Pot. Make sure the pressure seal is set to SEALING.
- Press the MANUAL setting and set the time to 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, do a quick release. When all pressure has been released, check that the FLOAT VALVE is down (see your instruction manual if you don't know where this is on your Instant Pot) and remove the lid.
- Use an immersion blender to blend all of the vegetables together until the soup is smooth. Add in the heavy cream and stir well. Serve immediately with optional cheese and sour cream topping.