There is something so decadent about sitting down with a freshly baked loaf of bread. In this Streusel Rhubarb Bread recipe, tart rhubarb is combined with sweet brown sugar and cinnamon for a bread light and rich in one.Jump to Recipe
This beauty bakes for about an hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
You won’t believe the delicious smells that’ll be wafting out of your oven.
Cinnamon and butter and nuts… mmmmm.
Streusel Rhubarb Bread
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ cup rhubarb diced
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, buttermilk, oil, egg, and vanilla; mix until combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, rhubarb, walnuts, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix well. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; mix just until combined. Pour evenly into two 8” x 4” greased/floured loaf pans.
- For streusel topping, combine sugar, butter, and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix with a fork until it has a wet sand consistency; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Cut with a serrated knife.